01-11-2020, 11:49 AM   #100
FidoM5
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2003 M5, 2009 E93, 2014 X5d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khedge View Post
FidoM5,

The ebay kits will work to do the egr delete. But i made my own block of plate for the second egr mounted on the exhaust manifold. You will also need a engine block coolant drain plug, because bwm thought it was a good idea to liquid cool the def injector. Anyway go to whitebreadperformace.com and he sells a full egr delete kit with all the caps, plates etc.

Also go checkout darkside developments in the UK. They have downpipes for the f15 and i just ordered a turbo from them for my f15. I have a custom 304ss exhaust and downpipe for mine.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtp900 View Post
The downpipes they carry don't say the carry any for the F15, they sell ones for the Euro equivalent. Are you sure these will work for US models?
Exactly, the British seem to support the Euro spec engines which are different apparently. I haven't contacted them yet to see if their product will fit, but usually that's the case from my research thus far.

I also contacted Whitbread performance and already got a response, very nice guy, he says he doesn't have F15 downpipe kits but his EGR block off kit is specifically designed for the US spec engine. So that's one thing less to worry about.

Too bad that he doesn't have the F15 kit because his E70 downpipe/midpipe w/DOC is exactly what I want - all stainless, fantastic welds, at a great price ($850 for the whole thing versus $1300 from tunemyeuro)

I did hear back from one of the sellers on ebay, the one in Lithuania, he says he will have downpipes that fit US engines in stock soon, but no midpipe/doc

The search continues for a whole kit at a reasonable price...
Appreciate 1
gtp90038.50