Thread: X5 2016 Battery
View Single Post
      05-06-2020, 12:43 AM   #3
LVbimmer
Rep
Drives: F15, F87, Gen2 Raptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by flexfusion View Post
My F15 will soon be four years old and has 27.5k miles. Curious to know what the general sensuous is about battery life for these cars? I don't want to get caught on a trip and the battery goes out. With Corvid19 don't know when that might be but just thinking ahead. Look forward to comments from people who have been there with this issue before. I'm an "ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure" guy. Thank you!
Our F15 is 5 years old now and a little over 23k miles. We replaced the battery November last year. Surprising considering we live in Vegas. Some hints that I noticed was the HUD wasn't functioning, side mirrors wouldn't remember last position, BMW logo wouldn't display on startup and auto stop start didn't work.
Off topic, I replaced my run flat Goodyear's with Conti non RFT Extremecontact DWS 06 last September and got the compact spare online. Much better and quieter ride.
A DHP pump leaked last year and was replaced. Covered under our extended warranty. The tech said the steering on DHP equipped X5s is hydraulic.
Key fob battery replaced September last year.
CEL January this year. Oxygen sensor replaced under extended warranty.
Appreciate 0