05-21-2020, 09:00 PM   #10
Fknid
Private First Class
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW 2014 X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by otay View Post
Does it behave the same when you put it in Sport mode? In my case, the issue isn't as apparent, but still there. Since I don't always like to drive in Sport mode (higher RPM before shifts), and it was annoying enough...I bought a BMS pedal tuner. It has multiple settings and so have found one that seems to be more linear most of the time.
I do think that the adaptations that BMW employ (for the most part) do a great job, but, I wonder whether in Comfort mode the engine adaptation is trying to achieve an emissions target rather than trying to achieve an acceptable engine response. However, I just don't think that my BMW responds the way it was designed and after a few years of sort-a trying stuff, I'm determined to get a solution. I had reported the issue to BMW when servicing the vehicle and got the "it's normal" response and they even had the gall to suggest that I might not know about Sport mode. It was that response when I decided to get the ISTA+ software and investigate it myself.

To answer your question - in Sport mode it still does it and it's actually more pronounced because when the engine response "kicks in" the jump feels quite a bit more.

I have considered an accelerator tuner device or even BM3, but, it just frustrates me that the car doesn't run how it should and I really want to solve the issue. I also am not convinced that an accelerator tuner would fix the issue.

I don't know that resetting any adaptations will fix it, but, it has made a difference so far so I'lll keep going. I don't think I can do any damage (I'll find out soon enough) and it does reveal something about the car each time I reset something (I do a lot of reading first).

Btw: Car was a second hand "executive driven" (read: BWM thrash vehicle) CPO (AUS equivalent) that had 7,500 km on it and I have owed it for 4 years. I have put about 50,000 km on it. As far back as I can remember it has had the issue to some degree, but, has become worse over time. For the first 2 years of its life with me it was serviced by BMW.

Last edited by Fknid; 05-21-2020 at 09:04 PM.. Reason: Make sure I write good :)
Appreciate 0