View Single Post
      07-19-2020, 10:55 PM   #18
quandary
Private
Rep
Drives: X5

It is definitely the power loss. I have the exact same problem after changing the batteries to new BMW batteries. I have read that other people have the same issue.

I have seen Youtube videos related to SAS calibration but have run into a few issues with setup.

1) I have exchanged email with Carly and they do not beleive that the issue is related and they have no fix. They cannot provide coding to recalibrate the steering angle sensor.
2) I have tried the rotate the steering wheel to each side and then to centre. It does not reset the steering angle sensor.
3) I have installed ista+. It communicates properly and reads the errors properly. However, the functions require additional files that are not as easy to download. With the limited support, i decided not to risk bricking my vehicle.
4) I purchased the Foxwell NT650 Elite and NT680 tools because i saw another Youtube video. The re calibration function tied to SAS is not available for my F15. However, the menus take you to a EPS reset menu that warn you to connect to an outside power source, so i'm not sure it does the same function. Foxwell does not seem provide any after-sale support so i'm stuck. If anyone knows how to do this, please help. I will post in another thread.
5) I have a scheduled appointment with the dealer and am expecting to spend hundred on coding and calibration.
Appreciate 0