View Single Post
      09-01-2020, 08:10 PM   #40
alemap
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 30D XdRIVE 2011

parts and instructions

I am not getting any error codes or warning, just intermittent deflated rear suspension. 2015 F15 x5 the 7 seater with M sports options and air suspension at rear....

As I am in Australia, I have been reading around on this and found some parts available in Germany (they seem experienced with the issue and some of their parts are a fraction of OEM, but usefully, they also explain what to check when installing...).

why bother looking for after-market parts?

BMW in Australia quotes $3000 ish for the compressor and $5000 for the whole system to be done, to be sure (bags, compressor, actuators or control units etc, as one damaged unit damages others or causes premature wear). they told me they sell 3-5 compressors a month in Sydney. So its a common issue....

ALSO, the website selling the after market parts mention that is you have the deflation issue, the bags arent the only thing to replace, there can be damage to relays, valves and the compressor (specifically start stop cycles will damage the relays, so the contacts will stick together, so the compressor might be always "on" and will burn out).

they also mention the importance of checking for leaks in the system, never lowering the car with deflated bags, and check the whole thing by measuring the heights after leaving overnight.

a Cautious approach, or ...GERMAN PRECISION you might say, but it saves you doing tit all over again. on the other hand, if your caught the issue early and if its just the bags, you may well be bloody lucky and its all you need.

Anyone have the issue come back?

here is a convincing looking parts provider from Germany - scroll down for their explanation
http://www.air-suspension-shop.com/B...on-37206875177
Appreciate 0