View Single Post
      10-06-2020, 04:12 PM   #4
MichelDionne
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M4, 2017 BMW X6

Thanks for the info
I can see from the link previously posted that it seems to fit (but then it doesn't really tell you if it doesn't fit either.)

I live in a region that really rarely gets snow, but will use it occasionally to go skiing and where I need the winters to be legal, hence the setup. Guess I'll just hose it down before I put it in the garage if it's an issue.

The setup with 21's is a 325 tire with the same offset, so I'm guessing at most I'd be poking out 5mm more than if I has 21s on... so should be fine.

Thanks again

M

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1norseman View Post
Many people here add spacers to stock wheels on the X5's, to make them look more flush. 10mm won't cause any issues with driveline, and I believe it will fit, not poke out on the X6 too.

Only thing I would be concerned with is spray from wider wheels. A few people I know, prefer to have the winter wheels tucked in, due to salt and sand being spread on the roads, which in turn will "spray" from wheels onto body.

Now, I don't have any experience with the X6 when it comes to ET's, but just look at your current set up, and if plus 10mm won't make tires stick out past the body/fender, you will be fine.

Easy way to test, is to get a yardstick, cut down slightly shorter than height of wheel opening, and hold it vertical against the side of stock tire, see where it lines up compared to the body/fender. This will give you an idea of how much wider you can go, without poking out. (FYI, If you lower the car, you need to measure it again)
Remember, different tires can make a small difference too.

btw:
If you get the set up with ET25 rear wheels, they might just make you want to add a set of 10mm spacers to your stock set up, if stock looks sunken in, and you like the flush look better..
Appreciate 0