10-12-2020, 06:49 PM   #20
JDE92M3
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 YMB M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljb1 View Post
In for final results on the proposed 21x9.5" +20 front 275/40/21, 21x11.0" +13 rear 315/35/21 if you go with that suggestion by BC Forged. Given that they won't 'guarantee' fitment, how solid were they on this spec?

You could always play it safe and go +25/+18 for the offsets instead of the above, test fit and if OK, purchase a set of 5mm spacers? I know you said above you don't want spacers, but at least this would mean less chance of f'ing it up for your wifey.

Seems like there are lots of Pirelli PZeros in those specs. I too find the Michelin PSS a bit harsh.

Delta of zero between front/rear in those specs so no issues causing computer intervention, but both front & rear would be a larger circumference so would affect your speedo I guess?
So from research I’ve gathered I typically liked the 15/20mm spacer setup on OEM 21” wheel setups. And when I read through the spacer thread many wished they did 20/25mm. So I used those as my offsets. I used countless thread of upsized tires, slammed vehicles with spacers and more for assistance lol.

Then I did some calculations, and I think I should be good. BC Forged will guarantee their fitment, but they will not guarantee MY tire fitment. So 21 x 9.5” et20 and 21 x 11” et13 will 100% work with 285/35/21 and 325/30/21 tires. But I decided to upsize to Pirelli PZero (Tire Rack close out haha) so I’m testing out 275/40/21 in front and 315/35/21 in the rear. This will increase tire size by 1” and I’ll be lowering the car with Dinan .6.” I’m hoping that I have the flush look I’ve wanted, without sacrificing ride comfort and suspension travel.

Best part about this IF the upsized tire is success I can then expect Michelin to be releasing the PS4 SUV in my upsized size shortly. I called them and confirmed directly and it’s already showing up on Discount Tire’s website.

As for speedo it will be off, but nothing I’m not used to and it never bothered me on any of my cars.

And I want to clarify that BC Forged and WheelLab really helped me confirm my thoughts.

JD
Appreciate 0