View Single Post
      12-07-2020, 06:45 PM   #5
EverTemple
Rep
Drives: 2018 X5 xDrive40e

In case anyone still wonders.

I retrofitted a BBK (Big Brake Kit) from Brembo rather than getting the M Performance Brake Kit. However, it is about the same size, except that my brake rotor is slotted rather than drilled/cross-drilled. So I do not see a reason why it will not fit.

Upgrading the brakes WILL NOT affect or break the regenerative braking.

The braking performance is only increased when the system actually applies the brake caliper, rather than reversing the electric motor to slow down, so the initial brake pedal press still feels a bit unresponsive.

I have attempted to code SBRE (which is the correct code for F15 rather than SPBR) into the FA. However, it might not be a valid code for the 40e model as I keep getting ABS and various vehicle stabilization failure warnings despite reprogramming the relevant ECUs according to this guide. Maybe I did something wrong, I will have to try again sometime.

Nevertheless, it will have an increased brake performance and heat dispersion than the stock floating caliper, regardless of coding, but it just won't be braking at its best due to the missing coding.

Hope it helps
Appreciate 0