View Single Post
      01-29-2021, 06:14 PM   #37
nickkolay
Rep
Drives: BMW X6M F86

Quote:
Originally Posted by volc View Post
As far as I recall F86 has electric steering, so it is fine for TJA. For sure you won't have required circuit in F86 steering wheel. Here it might be either needed to downgrade your car to F16 M Wheel, mix components of F86 and F16 steering wheels or finally add some resistors fooling car that you have steering wheel with sensor. I have no experience with F86 bumper so I have no idea about it. Nevertheless I am a bit suspicious, this bumper looks like a completely different design that F16 one. I have a poor man's M - M50d, so I haven't had most of your challenges while retrofitting ACC. I keep fingers crossed for you trying to add it. Please post a message when you'll be done with it
Volc, thanks for replying. Your original message was the reason I decided to take this on (and actually purchase the x6m because I wasn't going to without the ACC lol).

In regards to the steering wheel, I think the sensor should work. I'd prefer it that way. The end goal here is to use Comma.ai with OpenPilot, so as long as the functions work, the rest should be able to be handled by OpenPilot (of course, getting that to work will be a completely different monster in itself).

Regarding the bumper, yes, it's huge. They don't make ACC here in the M because of the intercooler, or so I'm told. Granted, I'm willing to get a more efficient intercooler if I will end up needing it, but for now, I'd love to get this to work. Still waiting on the ICM and the buttons for the steering wheel to arrive.

M50D sounds nice. I wanted a diesel X6, but we don't have those here. I wish we had an X6d here in the states.

Was coding the ICM hard (changing vin etc?).
Appreciate 0