02-04-2021, 08:57 AM   #43
nickkolay
Rep
Drives: BMW X6M F86

Quote:
Originally Posted by F85mracer View Post
Hello!
F85 here.
I have every option checked off on my build sheet except for Night Vision & Rear TV’s (Has nothing to do with ACC).
Contemplating on doing a retrofit for ACC with a couple concerns.
-Where will my buttons go to activate/ control ACC because I want to keep my red M1 & M2 buttons?
-Does installing this and getting it to work void my idrive / electronics warranty if something breaks unrelated?
-Will I need new “DSC premium” + “ICM” modules according to my vehicles equipment from factory or do I have full compatibility without new modules?
-Will I need a new intercooler??? Haha
-Is this plug and play mainly or do I need to mount/ drill in things into new locations, if so where and how many?
-Also is there a “F15/F16 ACC retrofit kit” somewhere I could purchase every part I would need in one complete kit or do I need to find each and every individual part / does anyone have a list of all the part numbers of parts I would need for F85/F86 scenario.
Thanks!
Convinced ///M engineers 24 hours before start of production of the F85/F86 where like haha you want Mpower??? No problem but deep tissue massages and front bumpers are A La Carte... LOL

I'm doing an F86 right now. My DSC didn't match up. You can pop your hood and look at if. If it doesn't have the words "ACC" on it, you'll need a new one. I haven't popped out the ICM yet. I ordered another one. Going to take it apart just one time. If mine is a 5.7, I can sell the one I bought (if you can wait till all my parts get here (2 weeks from now).

I haven't figured out if it's possible to keep the M buttons, granted I haven't looked. I ordered the acc and tja buttons. My understanding, you lose the m buttons.

Don't know about things breaking. Also wondering the same about the intercooler. Considering how much you need your M buttons, you might need it before I do, but still. Also, you'll probably void the warranty of the main harness since you have to tap into it. But then again, the s can bus only goes to the three parts but then indirectly, I think Kafas goes to the buttons by the shifter, etc. Soo...modify at your own risk?

Also, couldn't find a retrofit kit. Heck, I can't even find the correct grill with the little plastic piece in the center. I ordered one, and it was like half the size
Appreciate 1