X5MNY
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Bmw X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCTiger View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by X5MNY View Post
Hmm i flashed 3 times already with no issues. looks like i am not touching it anymore. Want to share how you fixed the issue and save someone 10+ hours?
Who do you think I am?!? Lol, just joking around. What I meant is that I don't like working on my car myself. I am always paranoid I will f*** something up. This is a PRIME example of why I don't like working on my own car!!!

The shop that did it sent the logs to xHP. I don't know if they ever responded. What the shop THOUGHT happened is that there was some sort of firmware mismatch. The flash process started but detected a mismatch or whatever and locked the DME. At this point, I think my shop consulted with BMW. Ultimately they flashed everything back to stock, then reapplied my ECU tune, and everything has been fine since.

In terms of how long it took to correct everything...
The car wouldn't start at about 11a on Friday. I left the shop around 3 or 4 but they continued to work on it until at least 6 I think. They worked on it more Saturday (I am not sure how much) and I got a text around 5p that it was running again.

NM
wow sounds scary. good sh*t you got it fixed.
Appreciate 0