Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by FCX5 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trauma View Post
On the 2016 X5M, only the front brakes are M Performance? Can you just upgrade the rear?
I believe there is a thread here on how to do a Brembo upgrade which includes both the front and rear. I suppose you could leave your rears as is and just do the rear brakes as described in the thread.

As for dust, yes, it dusts more than the OEM brakes, but it's a great trade-off for the better braking.
I have been driving for around 1 weeks with the new brakes. First without coding and now with coding. I don't experience any difference since the pedals always felt like a Sports brake in that it bites fast and brakes the car faster. I have noticed that these brakes are a big improvement to me in DD because of how the pedals feel and the bite.

I did a few hard braking tests both with and without coding. Again, no difference that I can tell in dry weather. However, the limitation is likely my tires vs calipers at this point.

Overall, looks great and makes the car easier to drive in city and everyday. It is an expensive option if you include the parts, install and the brake flush etc. They guy who did mine at the dealer also has the same car and had done it on several others as well so the experience probably helped.

Now getting the M Performance CF done inside and out. Only thing I am not doing now is the MP alcantara steering wheel since I don't want to lose the heating and I don't want a 3rd party wrap etc.
Appreciate 0