SaNGRia
Major
Rep
Drives: LCI E93 M3 + F85 X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue dragon View Post
Hey, it looks like we are doing this at the same time

https://f15.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...ostcount=11880

Thanks for contributing unlike that other DB who was just interested in generating sales leads.
Was going to remove the center console today, but my wire from Amazon hasn't showed up. I'm just going to twist my own S_CAN wire with a drill

Also, does the glove box need to come out to release and get to the back of the passenger side fuse box
Nice. Yeah i am big on making DIY Posts for the community. I dont do business out of it. Just showing the B world how i do and go from there. My main goal is to contribute to the family and i do this for years by now! I even have a IG handle just for this called @bmwdiy .

I do respect people who also try to make money out of it. No hard feelings. But no one smarter than also the one actually doing this type of jobs for money. It is all about how much time and effort you wanna put into while you are trying to live your life

As far as glovebox goes, I have been in many situation like others do alot longer way than i would. For example before me everyone in the entire world done the OEM Camera installation on E chassis with intalling the F series Trunk handle which cause them to actually cut the trunk portion to fit the F series handle while i came up with the idea and install the F camera on a Chinese handle and kept the trunk in original form unlike any other one.

So i did not attempt to do any installation on this retrofit yet but when i do, if i shortcut anything i will let everyone know. I pay the price you just get the easy pass

As far as your post goes on the other thread, did you originally had KAFAS or KAFAS2? I wonder if KAFAS2 has direct connection to the ICM with canbus while KAFAS does not? If KAFAS2 already wired to the ICM it would make this project like 2 hour job for me
, F85 ACC Retrofit

Last edited by SaNGRia; 05-07-2021 at 11:11 PM..
Appreciate 0