View Single Post
      06-11-2021, 01:31 PM   #16
crystalworks
Captain
Rep
Drives: Many BMW's

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmack123 View Post
Looks great except you need to powdercoat the wheels black 😉. I kid. I do like those wheels a lot that you chose. That paint correction looked to be worth every penny. Also, impressive to see how you weren't afraid of the mileage as you are capable of maintaining the vehicle yourself.
Funny guy! The wheels are style 597 from the F16 X6. Paint correction was definitely worth the money. Changed the look of the vehicle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xolinlevh View Post
Following this intently! I just got a '15 35d as well and am curious to see what you do that i may also need to Those torn door rubbers....gotta replace those on mine too
Nice, well follow along, I'm sure there will be some crossover repairs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Libertine View Post
Nice job!
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3HNGRY View Post
Good JOB!
Thank you both. The transmission service saves a bunch. $200 in parts and 3 hours of time vs. $1400 quote I got at a shop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by milkyway View Post
Very nice job, OP!

I'm an original owner of similar MY15 35d with similar mileage, but not as loaded as yours. I do my own maintenance after BMW free 50k/4 years program expired. It still has the original battery, brake discs/pads. Besides changing engine oil/filter and DEF fluid, air filters, I have changed diesel gas filter. I have not changed transmission oil. From the color of your transmission fluid, looks like it lasts pretty well, and I'm wondering at what point it does need to be changed.
Thanks. As an original owner I'm sure yours is in nicer condition overall. We would not have bought this example were it not for the build sheet it had. The dealer was terrible and it had been in an accident. At 88k this one has had it's battery and front pads (doubt the PO did the rotors too). As for the trans fluid, ZF recommends 60k - 80k mile intervals. BMW will tell you otherwise because they want to sell you a $6000 transmission or another car at 120k miles. Morons.
Appreciate 2