08-08-2021, 11:46 AM   #70
ErnestHouse
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 535i GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxBBVTMxX View Post
I already talked to some lawyer friends and they told me they believe I do not have a case. It would have to be on safety, not technology as technology is ever evolving. ... everyone affected by this is just as upset about their decision.. but to think they did not involve their legal team and made the decision on the fly is just silly.
Good to know someone has been down the legal route. I'm only 150 posts into "The Thread" so maybe behind there. I've always thought a suit would be on safety. Turning us off without providing a path to get on 4G makes us distracted drivers juggling cellphones. But I don't think I ever said anything to imply they didn't consult legal. In fact they did and decided to risk a legal challenge over doing something to help customers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxBBVTMxX View Post
Better idea would be to flood BMWNA with adequately written letters to reconsider their decision as we all know it can be done, and at least meet their customer halfway on this. I believe trying to change their answer vs a lawsuit might have more of a chance of working.
I hear plenty of drivers here excusing BMW and denigrating with a different opinion or those of us who know how good the OEM navi actually is. Not you but others. I've made the call and filed a complaint with a statement they've made my car unsafe and excoriated the car's value. I'd love to do more. Got an email address, VP name or other means to raise a fuss? TIA