10-04-2021, 10:13 AM   #3
Blue By You
Major
Rep
Drives: 2017 LBB X5M F85

So funny

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiFan13 View Post
I can't believe mature adults would actually allow for that noise to occur. I expect it from some paperboy in his Civic DX, but on M cars now?? That gunshot crap is obnoxious and lame. I've been runnin V8's with off-road exhausts all my life with a few little pops now and then, but this is childish. Also, it's a black eye to the car enthusiast crowd; nobody likes it.

The truck sounded great under acceleration, but those pops on decel are pathetic.
I completely agree with you! The gunshots are terrible IMO.

Too many people are cheesing out these M cars to the point where they're no longer classy and they don't even look like M cars. They miss the line between exotic and cheesy - some by a large margin. I usually just leave it alone out of politeness.

A more aggressive exhaust note is cool. But that is obnoxious. Plus I have enough trouble keeping a lower profile with this beast, never mind attracting more attention by the police with my exhaust.

The other subtle thing is that a well done car is obvious to an enthusiast, the police, and other people in general. People will treat you more favorably if they think you're more classy and upscale because of the car you drive. In general they will respect you more. Although perhaps a small psychological advantage, it helps when you get pulled over and your car is as classy as you! (Doesn't make my decision, but it's nice to have when the officer is deciding to let me go, give me a warning, or write me up for everything he can...)
Appreciate 0