01-06-2022, 09:53 AM   #98
JMAN1111
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F86 Black Fire X6M, F16 X6 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bankerbry View Post
INTERESTING TURN OF EVENTS WITH MY X5M!!

I just wanted to provide an update of what has transpired over the last couple of days with my X5M.
BMWNA & the servicing dealer explained that BMW has rejected any assistance with the engine replacement due to them determining the cause of the engine failure was that the dealership where I purchased it used the wrong weight of oil during their pre-sale service.
At the very beginning of this process, the dealership Sill-Terhar Motors in CO was quick to avoid blame by explaining that they performed their pre-sale inspection and service which included changing the oil etc. Their service department then provided us with a receipt of service for the oil change and inspection. He then also went above and beyond by sending us an actual picture of a can of oil that they used for the oil change. It was determined that the oil they used was 10w/60 and according to BMWNA, the additional weight of this oil caused various parts of the engine to be starved for oil.
We then have found out that the dealership does have a 3 month / 3k mile warranty on all of their used cars through Century. The servicing dealer has been in contact with Century, and the have reviewed the findings and have agreed that the engine needs to be replaced. They then however searched the entire country and found one used X5M engine with 54k miles on it for $16k that they want to through in there. Otherwise they are willing to give us $16k credit towards replacing it with a new engine from BMW. (which the estimate is now at $35k) I rejected this offer as we have no idea where this engine came from or any type of history on it. The servicing dealer also has contested that idea, as not being right for the customer. I am now leaning on the selling dealership to either cover the difference or simply take the vehicle back and they can do as they wish.
I have also reached out to Mike at RK Motorwerks and have received pricing from them on a new engine. Total cost with turbo's etc is approximately $24k, provided they are able to use my existing core engine as a rebuild.
This is still unbelievable to me! We are making progress, but still not sure what direction this is going to go. Let me know your thoughts.
Thank you
Bmw oil is straight garbage jeeeez
Appreciate 1
ggunn9160.00