03-02-2022, 04:53 PM   #69
Qsilver7
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F06 650ix GC / F15 X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliX6M View Post
I see only F15&F85, has anyone tried this on F86 using the F85 input?
If you look at the images in two posts above (#69)...you can see a screen shot of the Bimmercode app that lists the F15 (X5), F85(X5M) and the F16 (X6) coding parameters for the tail gate on the left side.

Note that the parameters are DIFFERENT...so no, I would not use the F85 codes.

But...this gist of this thread is...the tailgate SLAMS with a THUNK due to it moving to fast before it closes. The successful coding SLOWS the tail gate down before closing.

So even if you don't have the exact coding for an F16...if you look at the exisiting parameters and see that the last 3 or 4 are the same or close...if you LOWER those numbers...it will slow down the tailgate to help prevent the THUNK and allow the soft-close to occur as intended.

If you're comfortable with coding...again, try lowering the coding parameters just prior to closing (especially if they are all the same or very close)...and lower them. If the tail gate slows down TOO much...the raise the last one or the one just prior to the last one...so that the tailgate has enough force to close without a thunk.

Good luck...if you have success...then post back to update the thread and let other F16/F95 X6/X6M owners aware of worked for you.

Become a BMW CCA member! Click HERE to join and feel free to use my BMW CCA member #191509 as a referral.
Appreciate 0