View Single Post
      03-18-2022, 10:02 PM   #1
Chambers90
Rep
Drives: BMW f15 50i

New member, Australia - f15 50i

Afternoon all, been a long time reader and only just getting around to introducing myself and my car. I have owned this for a little over a year now.

Long time car enthusiast living in the nations capital of Australia (Canberra).

Current spec:
2014 f15 50i in carbon black
Currently 90k km's
Quantum stage 1 tune
AFE CAI
20% tint all round
2 x focal 8" underseat woofers
469 wheels painted in orbit grey
Stock 50i brakes painted blue with m logo
-On the way 2 x race craft electric muffler to replace the massive suitcase muffler at the rear.

By far this has been my favourite car to date, it was the right decision buying a v8 whilst I still can. I'd like to hold onto this for a while and tastefully mod along the way. The v8TT is such a beast with effortless power. It's a darn shame the car doesn't give back to the driver in the acoustics department, part of the reason I opted for some mufflers.

After I installed the AFE CAI yesterday, I began to tinker around the engine bay today. I happen to notice in the engine bay, there was a piece of plastic that sits right above the turbos. The plastic on top with holes covering the surface can be easily removed via popping out the clips on the side. (please anyone chime in if this is for heat resistance/protection and should be left alone).

I have hopefully attached a picture. I can explain the removal in more detail if anyone needs it.

Anyway I decided to take this off via 6 x torx screws (extremely easy and self explanatory) to hopefully increase some of the sound hidden in that engine and I was surprisingly pleased that it has done exactly that and enhanced the sound by maybe 10-15%.

I havnt seen anyone else do this and could be catastrophic or the most safe and basic mod to date, so if there is any gurus please jump in. Ohh and it's free!

Anywho enough waffling, Thanks for reading!
Attached Images

Appreciate 3
FCX52413.50
jmack1231302.00
scotty339147.00