View Single Post
      05-05-2022, 04:29 PM   #1
Nifty100
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW F16 2017

ATC45L Transfer Case Adaptions Failure

Im New to this forum and hope that someone has experience with ATC45L Transfer Case Adaptions and can help with the issue I am having.

I have a 2017 F16 N57D30A that has 3700Km on the Odometer. We have been unable to Calibrate the Transfer Case VTG using ISTA+ and numerous other tools. The VTG module has been replaced but still fails the calibration routine although it appears to complete the process. The Vehicle has been to BMW Agents who advise that the Transfer Case will have to be replaced. The Fluid has been replaced with BMW DTF1 Fluid and the recommended BMW supplied Additive has been used.

The current Codes are:
440105 Transfer Box VTG Calibration Faulty
48097D Transfer Box: Fault, Clutch Position Known no Four Wheel Drive
D355F8 Signal(xDrive actuator information 19.3.4 invalid, transmitter VTG

The Transfer Case has been opened for inspection to confirm that no mechanical issues are apparent - nothing obvious. I have a new Clutch Pack (Friction Plates, Steel Plates, Springs ) to install in the hope that it will solve the problem. I note that members of this forum have successfully replaced Clutch Packs
Can anyone advise if the timing of the VTG Worm Gear/Clutch Quadrant is important or is it a random mesh that the VTG adaption process will adjust for.
The 4 Digit Transfer Case Class Code on mine is 4202 - What does this mean. Will it change after Clutch Pack replacement.

Does anyone have experience with these VTG Modules/ATC45L Transfer Cases.

Thanks in anticipation.
Appreciate 0