View Single Post
      10-21-2022, 03:04 PM   #70
AmuroRay
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///d View Post
Interesting. I know theres plenty of questionable "facts" out there. It's always fascinating to hear other peoples views on this.

Regarding not being able to see an actual curve of the Earth, what about things like having to account for curvature of the Earth in long distance shooting, or tower heights for long distance radio transmissions, and the likes?
People have just started noticing censorship - but did you know the US Government held hearings with Google/Youtube in 2013 over why they weren't censoring "flat earth" videos?

Most are delisted/Monetized or outright deleted - same goes for Google's algorithm. What DOES exist is nonesene - The Flat Earth Society are anything but - it's a honeypot to catch curious people and give them erroneous information to make the position seem even more ridiculous than it already appears.(and trust me, I know it sounds ignorant!)

So with me telling you that - I don't have all the answers, I find out new things everyday. I did stumble across the explanation a few weeks ago, but I'll have to find it.

The radio towers for instance are a strength for FE - the claim is radio signals are able to travel the distance they can because of the level earth and longer wave length. There is also the datapoint that 95% of all telecommunications are run through cable - so it's just the final transmission run from radio towers