View Single Post
      11-30-2022, 01:04 PM   #15
yupetc
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2015 X535i

Quote:
Originally Posted by HolyCityF15 View Post
Digging up a little bit of an older post here, but I'm getting ready to do this install after parts arrive.

My question is what type of hose clamp would be best to use for the silicone elbow? I usually prefer t-bolt clamps over worm-drive, but not sure if the radius on the clamp will work well with the rectangular shape of the front connection.

As an alternative, has anyone tried heating up the rectangular connection point to reshape it more towards round?
Worm clamp will do as these joints aren't as crucial to be air tight because we're on the suction side before MAF. And there will be a bit of an circular to oval conversion, so on the oval side, you'll just need to pinch the clamp into shape and you're good to go. Mine's on worm clamps and so far so good.
Appreciate 0