Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 X5 35d, 2008 Lexus IS-F

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by DV-F15 View Post
Hi guys,

Recently I've been having some extra noise (kind of like a squeal and whir) in cabin and while I was under the impression it may have been something due to the weather, I happened to take a look under the hood anyways. I managed to find the belt tensioner looks a little loose at idle, and given the noise gets louder as rpm's increase I'm inclined to think that it may be the culprit.

Can anyone confirm the tensioner needs replacement, is it urgent or can I wait a week or two to go to a mechanic? If I have the tools I'd do the job myself.

View post on imgur.com
Definitely something is not right.

If I were you I'd check two things first..

1) make sure the asa bolt (07129906293) that holds it in place is torqued properly.

2) see if you can move it yourself (arm has play). If so, then yeah you need a new tensioner.

The job is pretty easy to do. You should look up YT videos on how to DIY. I'm sure there's gotta be one out there. Also, not sure what year your F15 is but as of 2015 it looks like there's a new mechanical tensioner that superseded 2014 and below (11288604266).

I'm just going off your video. I have a 35d, different type of tensioner on mine.
Appreciate 0