View Single Post
      01-03-2023, 10:58 AM   #369
FinalBOSS
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 F15 X50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartindaleX5 View Post
^Is it happening on all colour settings or just one (i.e. if you select orange, orange, orange in iDrive does it work properly?)

I had something similar occur where i got green and not blue (exactly what you’re getting),but orange would work fine, so I coded that selection gold and put blue in a different light sequence. I’m wondering if the led can’t produce the hex value for the blue colour.

I’d try setting colour to red or orange (something that doesn’t have blue light) on that strip to see of it will produce the correct colour. If not it might be a bad module (unless it is working on other lighting selections).
Hi MartindaleX5,

That's right: If I set the colour to orange, the colour is displayed correctly, which also happens when I set it to green, however, it seems that no shade of blue can be displayed on that specific door lightning segment for any reason.

Following your troubleshooting recommendation, today I coded red, and it worked perfectly (photo below), however, if I change it from red to blue that problematic segment goes back to green. I've also run a new test and disconnected the light over the front passenger footrest, causing all ambient lightning to stop working in the hope to make the "system" reset somehow, but that didn't work as well and that segment remains green when set to blue.

You mentioned "I had something similar occur where I got green and not blue (exactly what you’re getting),but orange would work fine, so I coded that selection gold and put blue in a different light sequence.". Sorry but I didn't understand how that worked for you. Did you give up on the colour blue entirely or by doing that the problem was fixed?

Below are the new photos in red and (OK) another take in the issue with blue and green.

Thanks again!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0