United_States
Rep
Drives: F90 M5 / F15 50i

Garage List
2020 BMW M5  [10.00]
2014 X5 50i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwx5_50i View Post
The car has been back in the shop for the past two weeks. Auto start stop hasn't worked in two years and I was told by the dealer it's because my battery is bad. I replaced and coded it myself but the issue persisted so I was then told it's because I didn't use the OEM battery. Had the dealer replace the battery themselves and low and behold, the issue was still there. Now they replacing the mechatronics. There's a 4 week wait time for parts.
I think they also broke the oil sensor when they replaced the gaskets last time, since that started throwing errors as soon as I drove it out of the shop. CNA is covering both parts though.
  • Mechatronics (transmission valve body): $8500
  • Oil sensor: $800

So now we're up to $27,865 in repairs in 4 years.

I don't particularly care about auto start stop, but if I ever sell the car I don't want anyone to low ball me because it's such an expensive part to replace. I haven't decided yet if I'm going to drive it into the ground or get rid of it once the warranty runs out.
while this is unfortunate and great for you. I dont really understand the point of this considering this company doens't cover X5s any more. All i see this doing is confusing future people trying to find a good warranty company.

but yes very odd for you to have all this go wrong under 60k miles. shame that vehicles like this cause these company's to stop covering our vehicles.
'14 X5 50i (wife’s now)
Appreciate 0