View Single Post
      02-06-2023, 12:37 AM   #15
tlow98
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2009 E91, 2014 F15 x35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by suitedcboy View Post
The best oil cleaner for cooling systems is automatic dishwasher soap. Cascade or your brand of choice in the box, not the packets (you can cut open and dump the packets but you do not need the liquid rinse agent part in the packets). That stuff is made to attack grease and not foam up and run out of dishwasher and to rinse easily. Nothing else I ever used in my years in a workshop did it as well except for a purpose made product in a big container that was no better than dishwasher soap. I always used 2 heaping tablespoons per gallon of coolant capacity. Drain the nasty stuff out and rinse. Add the dishwasher soap and water and run it 30 minutes then drain and flush/rinse. Repeat the soap+water again for 30 min and than another rinse/flush. If no rainbow film is on the surface of water in coolant tank then flush a bit more and then put in the coolant needed and top off with water and your done. If your water is naty tasting or known to have high chemical content then you should use distilled for a final rinse and to add to the coolant to bring up to level.
Good tip. Thanks.
Appreciate 0