View Single Post
      03-03-2023, 06:04 AM   #1
lauritzm
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW X6 xDrive50i

Question F16 steering wheel / pedals / seating / ergonomic tips

Hello!

I recently got an F16 and I am loving it. I am however still finding the perfect sweet spot with the seat setup. I am 6"3' / 192cm. My seating position is good, no issue during shorter drives, just not perfect as my legs can get a little strained on longer drivers (from sitting a little bit too close, if I put the seat further back my upper back gets strained from reaching). I have the sports seating with all the adjustments (M Sport package multi-contour seats), sitting at about 90 degrees _| with the upper back of the seat tilted all the way forward to better reach the steering wheel.

The underlying issue to me seems to be, depending on how you look at it, that the pedals are too close or that the steering wheel is too far away. To make sure I state the obvious; I have adjusted the steering wheel to the position closest to the driver (low and long). I have tried to raise the seat a little (instead of the lowest setting), which helps, but still finding that perfect setup. I also find that sometimes stretching my left leg behind the brake pedal helps as well as cruise control for my right foot.

I know this is not an unknown problem with the F16, anybody else found tips that help with the setup? I am pretty sure changing the steering wheel / lengthening the steering column is going to be too expensive, and I don't really see how you'd move the pedals further away either. Is steering wheel spacers possible for this car? It is not really a seating issue, as it is more the position of the wheel and the pedals.

99% this is just one of those things you have to get used to, but figured I'd give it a shot to see if anybody had some tips.

Last edited by lauritzm; 03-03-2023 at 06:13 AM..
Appreciate 0