06-07-2023, 12:24 PM   #5
jiggz
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3|F15 X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by destroy26 View Post
After over a month on the Eibach Pro Kit, I absolutely prefer the look and ride to the OEM springs, with the side profile of the vehicle finally looking the way it should have looked stock from the factory.

Next "steps" for me are to get the front two windows tinted to match the rear, as well as to ditch the stock run flat tires in favor of Conti Extreme Contact DSW 06's.

Hope this post helps those of you out there looking for reference materials while considering moving away from the OEM springs. Happy to share any additional info as needed.
Good post and pics, agree with you the Eibach springs much improve the look and drive/handling over stock. Too much un-necessary wheel gap with the stock setup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by destroy26 View Post
For X5's with rear Air Suspension, the Eibach Pro Kit consists of a pair of lowering springs for the front and a pair of adjustable end links to accomplish lowering for the rear. If you aren't sure whether your X5 has Air Suspension or not, F15 X5's with the optional third row of seating have the rear Air Suspension while the Two Row variants do not.
A couple of clarifications here - I'm pretty certain Eibach does not offer a kit for rear air suspension equipped X5's. All of their F15/F16/F85/F86 kits specifically say 'excludes self leveling' ... self leveling = rear air suspension. You could certainly use the front springs, and source the lowering links elsewhere. And secondly, you don't need to have 3rd row to have rear air suspension. 3rd row definitely includes it, but so do X5's with Adaptive M or DHP suspension upgrades. A quick visual check or VIN decoder will confirm springs or bags.
Appreciate 2
Plus116.50
destroy26168.00