View Single Post
      06-20-2023, 04:35 PM   #176
rmacgurn
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: X63.0D, 911C4S

Garage List
Exclamation which tunes have you tried?

hello I realize this is an old thread but I am now in stages of planning a tune and some upgrades to my F16 x6 3.0D euro version N57 O01 with M package. its stock at 255hp and 403ft lbs. wanting about 500 plus torque and 315 or more HP. when I bought car it had someones tune but the shifting was jerkey the put a lot of stress on the drivetrain. when I updated to latest ISTEPS it was wiped. car is smooth again but much slower in sport and sport+

First I looked at boxes from race chip and TDI but most see to agree that ECU tune is better and even better an ECU and trans tune.

I see really 3 afforable choices. DUDMD, which requires emission mods to get two stage 2 but its the cheapest.
Next AlienTech which requires the purchase of a Powergate 3 box and some tunes priced per tune. Lastly Ditupa another German firm specializing in Diesel tunes. They use an enet cable and iPad or iPhone to do it so you get the program all the tunes for 3 plus stages and the trans tune in a single purchase but they are over $500. Were l live we have no AlienTech dealers and buying the box used is a risk that its not usable on another car as they sell license per car vin. Ditupa offers tunes with a larger intercooler (Wagner or cheaper equivalent) and/or the emissions stuff with EGR delete and downpipes etc.

anyone on here can tell me their experience with any of these three and what other mods for the tune they made? I was thinking to try to get a group buy on Ditupa t0 get the price down if others interested. EGR code out is pretty easy and swap the intercoolers is a few hours and another $500-700.

please tell me your thoughts.

thanks
Richard
Appreciate 0