View Single Post
      08-21-2023, 01:45 AM   #86
hamh
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X5 MSport + VW GTI

So my 2016 F15 Msports all a sudden has the rear dropped all the way with the rear fender kinda covering the rear wheel tire after sitting in the garage for 10 days while I was out of town. And I was stupid for not noticing it until I drove the car and feel super bumpy on the ride. Long story short, I dug up the forum, found multiple threads and youtube videos regarding the air suspension leak, and I assume mine is with the same cause, so I ordered two Arnott air suspension, and swapped my old ones out.

These are what I did in sequence:
- Car is off
- Jacked up the car
- Took rear wheels off
- Took off left rear air suspension as I saw it's completely sagged
- After I took the left rear air suspension off according to all these DIY tutorial , I realized I forgot to take off fuse 110
- Not knowing what's the impact is, I still take the fuse off at that moment
- the rear right air suspension didn't appear to be completely sagged, but since I need to replace in pair, and I'm lazy to unplug the compressor, so I lose the rest of the air in it by cutting the bag a little.
- Have both bags replaced, I put back the fuse
- started the car, saw a warning message saying "chassis function restricted" , and the air suspension didn't come back up immediately
- Drove the car around the block, the air suspension didn't rise up visually as much, turned on sport mode, and things start happening visually and finally the air suspension is up
- So I was happy for a day, next day morning, went to the garage, the air suspension still look good and high, but the moment I drove it out, it becomes bumpy again, when I stop the car around the block, I saw the air suspension was low again, and I immediately try to turn on the sport mode because I knew that will kick up the compressor and fill up the air suspension
- Air suspension looked fine after sport mode turned on, drove 30 miles, parked the car for lunch, and on my way back home the air suspension was fine even in comfort mode.

Now I'm hoping tomorrow morning the air suspension stays good and I don't need to do the sport mode trick, but my guts tell me something is still wrong, can anyone help?