11-04-2023, 02:01 PM   #14
HansRobert
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 X5 xDrive 40e

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMSBMW View Post
I had a similar experience to snowbirds X5. I am three months away from the end of my warranty on the high-voltage lithium ion battery.

I dropped it off at the dealer with three issues:

1. The AC not working consistently
2. The high voltage battery is depleted and giving me only 3-5 miles.
3. I have a white puff of smoke when it switches from battery to gas and I step on the gas.

The fault codes that came back pertaining to the lithium ion battery where 21F112 and 21F194. I was told those fault codes had to do with the main battery not having enough voltage. The recommendation was to replace the main battery and to drive the car in battery saving mode. I told them I was uncomfortable driving the car in this way as that is not how the car was intended to be driven and that I dropped it off with three issues that haven’t been resolved and I find it unwelcome that they return my vehicle in exact same manner with a workaround as opposed to replacing the lithium battery under warranty.

My next steps are contacting BMW from a carbon emission standpoint. The dealership recommendation is the opposite of BMW‘s mission statement when it comes to carbon emissions. My dealership is right next door to a TV station and I'm going to see if they want to do a special interest piece.

My dealership quoted me $20K for a replacement. BMW didn't become a 156B company by giving away $20K without a fight. Time to make some noise.
Any updates?
Appreciate 0