12-15-2023, 10:07 AM   #26
///d
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: F15 35d M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honda View Post
I have owned both engines and honesty speaking. If mpg is your most concern, I would get the 35d as well. However, after driving 35i, I like the throttle response on this engine more than 35d. I always felt the lag in 35d and lack of horse power compared to 35i even though it has higher torque.
Can confirm the lag will get ya in the 35d, but it also depends on the situation. Hard launch and the 35d is a monster off the line, but roll into throttle and the lag is noticeable. But sometimes that power is right there and it surprises you. It's kind of a love-hate relationship.

The N57 hasn't seen much for crazy builds yet, but he M57 has plenty out there as far as monster builds. I would love to have a high power build in the 35d but it's just not ideal for a daily. I find the diesel a good balance of working power and economy. I can pull anything I need to pull and still get good economy out of it.

My Diesel Information Thread | My Wheels, Tires, and Fitment Thread | My Teardrop Camper Build | My F15 Suspension Lift Thread
Appreciate 2