01-15-2024, 03:27 PM   #2
jiggz
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3|F15 X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///MPhatic View Post
Hey guys, quick question if you're bored. I've been interested in an F85 forever, but already having 2 expensive toys (Lotus Exige, and an M2), I figured I had better be sensible with my daily (Acura RDX), but I've gotten the X5M bug again, so I'm after some buying advice.

Is there is quick and dirty thread somewhere about what years to avoid/what to look out for, and maybe what would be good to have (packages?).

I saw this one on Edmonds and it's pretty much what I'm after, but I figured I'd run it by some owners to see what they thought.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

https://www.edmunds.com/bmw/x5-m/201...89/?radius=200
I don't know of 1 specific F85/F86 issues/maintenance thread like some forums have, but you could search and find some threads on common issues.

No year is better than another, 2014-2018. Unless you just consider newer better, but there's barely any differences. There was no LCI model, and the packaging largely remained the same until the final year when BMW combined the Driver's Assistance Package into the Executive Package.

2017 & 2018 models have the updated navigation that includes touchscreen. Wireless charging also became available in 2017 (part of the Executive Package) as well as CarPlay compatibility (standalone $300 option). Other than that, packaging/options were the same each year.

Executive included:
heated steering wheel
soft close doors
rear side window shades
front ventilated seats
heated rear seats (heated fronts are standard)
adaptive LED headlights (xenons are standard)
automatic high beams
HUD
concierge services
wireless charging
wifi hotspot

Driver's Assistance Packaging included:
active blind spot detection
active driving assistant
surround view
lane departure warning

Most X5Ms will have the Executive Package, I've only see a few that didn't. Other standalone options were Bang & Olufsen sound (H/K is standard), rear seat entertainment, parking assistant, 21's (no cost over 20's when ordering new), and night vision pedestrian detection.

The one you posted looks nice, super low miles. I've always thought Caravan's prices were high, and despite the low miles it still seems a bit high? This one has Executive, Driver's Assistance, 21's, and night vision (super rare option). No B&O sound which is fairly common on the F85. Also has the aluminum trace interior trim - most have carbon fiber which people seem to prefer.

Good luck with your search/decision
Appreciate 2