03-29-2024, 06:35 AM   #30
FCX5
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYAWE60 View Post
Update: After Shopping the last few months for an ideal combination of mileage, price and options I pulled the trigger on a 2017 xdrive50i. It has all the goodies I want, Including extended leather, mileage is reasonable at 54,000, and I got a warranty for two years and 25,000 miles on the motor and drivetrain.

As I originally stated, it’s not my first rodeo with the X5 And I know it’s not a matter of if something goes wrong, but when and they’re typically expensive to fix, so I expect that the warranty will pay for itself in time.

That said, I’m glad to officially be a part of the F15 club and it’s onto the mods. I’ve been driving her for a week now and I’m really asking myself “who the hell would want more power than this?!?!” It’s weird but in 8 out of 10 situations it feels as fast as my E70 X5M. Maybe that has to do with the transmission. Pulls to 130 mph happen in a blink. It’s a seriously fast machine for its size.

That said there is a massive difference between an M sport vehicle and an actual M car. My E70 X5M steering, suspension and brakes made it feel like it could run circles around this. In fact I’m a bit disappointed, actually I’m very disappointed in the way this F15 handles by comparison. It’s good overall but boy that E70 X5M left a mark.

Without further ado, here are some crappy driveway photos. I’m so happy to be back officially!
I am glad you got a 2017. The fact it has CarPlay and the connected app works makes a difference. Congrats! One upgrade that I did to mine that made a “huge difference” was to get the MPBK. When I got it in there was a nice discount and I bought and got it installed by the dealer. They also coded it and it really made a big difference for me.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
NYAWE60660.00