View Single Post
      04-07-2024, 04:42 PM   #20
Turbob18c1
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW X5

So here is my experience with the bbk and coding.

I just installed the M front brake caipers, SWH cross drilled rotors, 50i rear calipers and new cross crossed rears from zimmerman.

Pads are OEM rear and Powerstop front.

The install was simple and because the used front calipers came with brake lines, i figured I will use those since it came with the factory M.

Painted the calipers with G2 paint, didn't like the blue so used VHT high heat blue paint and clear. ALso got some M stickers as well.

Brakes were bedded in properly.

After bleeding the brakes they still felt spongy and pedal almost to the floor. So I pressure bled them again. Still spongy, so I bled them again with my mighty vac. Still spongy.

Went on this forum and many are saying the coding is not needed so I went to an indy that deals with BMW and they bled the brakes, and they were still spongy.

At the end since I had BimmerUtility I downloaded esys. This forum guided me on coding the brakes, and right after coding the pedal was back to normal. No spongy feel and it did not go to the floor.

So for those saying coding is not needed, it is if you have a CDN X5 F15 x35i. This is my personal experience so maybe it is different with other vehicles.
Appreciate 1
_ObiJon207.50