09-17-2014, 10:55 PM   #85
opasha
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by skalberti View Post
Hey Omar!

I guess it's possible to code this, but I wouldn't want the HBA on all the time. I'm betting you'll tick a lot of people off driving around town with it. I still say a lot of these people that have coded the anti dazzle HBA, so not have the full functioning euro HBA. I coded 535 a year ago and it worked perfectly. I got a software update several months back and haven't used my HBA since I've just been driving in town. I finally used them when testing my X5 and they weren't working as they did initially. So I pulled the service records and sure enough in the software update they reprogrammed the TMS ecu's which control the LEDs. So I went back through and sure enough there were things there that weren't there before. I'm still doing more work on this, but VO coding appears to only partially enable the GFHBA. There are several lines that have US instead of ECU after removing 5AP and 8S4. So it appears now after BMW made changes that you have to VO and FDL code to get the GFHBA to work fully as it does in Europe. I bet there's a lot of guys blinding people on the roads right now.....
Ah, gotcha, thank you . I mean I don't really need this feature because my vision at night is pretty solid and I only use high beams as necessary (and the current Bi-Xenon beams do a great job when I need them). It's not worth the hassle to go through all this and strike-out .