View Single Post
      08-06-2017, 04:01 PM   #49
expidia
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 X5 35i

Just finished my wire's audi this AM. still need a 2nd coat of power lock sealer and a coat of P21S carnauba but . . .

Check out the difference with black vs white. Same products but the wife's it took me twice as long to use clay bar mitt because white shows "EVERY" little speck!
And I had a lot of pin head and smaller orange specs at various places around the car. I thought it was going to be quicker as my wife's in a Q5 which is smaller than my X5. Its closer to the BMW X3.

Tip: if you use your nail to scratch off the specks or tar it will scratch the clear coat. I found Klasse all in one cleaner and polish amazing for spot and stain removal. A dab on a wet wash cloth is abrasive but it won't scratch! Careful though amazon as usual lets their vendors pad up the price to include amazon prime shipping. But the vendor padded it up and still wanted $5.95 shipping.
Screw them. Autotopia has great prices and free shipping with a code they email you. $24.95 with free shipping against $37 plus $5.95 and both bottles were the 16.9 oz size. Don't just blindly buy from amazon without checking around.

But check out how glossy black looks against my wife's white audi. No doubt hers will look great at night and the pics don't do it justice because there is a deep deep gloss to her audi's finish now in person, but the iphone can't replicate that pure glossy white finish as good as it does with black. black is a pain to keep clean (especially the tailgate area). but I do luv my X5's glossy reflections over her white
Attached Images

Last edited by expidia; 08-06-2017 at 04:09 PM..
Appreciate 0