11-26-2016, 10:04 PM   #162
_Mbition
Private First Class
Nigeria
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketdoc View Post
I am currently driving a 35d. I average 27 MPG.

I typically have an 18 mile commute each way, sometimes requiring more than one trip. A good part of the ride is freeway.

I am concerned that I won't get the best gas mileage unless I can find an outlet at my workplace.

Will the car recharge the battery while driving on the freeway, or only when coasting and braking?

What do you guys think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Almaretto View Post
If you are using all electric, you will drain the battery but can make the full commute one way. Using sport mode and battery save, will charge the battery during drive better whether on free or side streets if braking and coasting.

Have about 5k on my car now, daily driver to work 13 miles each way, and have taken 2 road trips (one to NC and one to VA).
I've achieved 17 miles on a full charge (eDrive), Im currently averaging 38 mpg mixed, and I fill up with gas after mixed driving probably twice a month.
Im charging it overnight daily, and luckily I have a Level 2 at work. Its cheating, I know. (Thank God for Chargepoint!!).
I precondition pretty much daily w/ the BMW Connected app, and I don't use the ventilation/heat on my way to work, just heated seat/steering wheel.

The car really trains you to live a more sustainable lifestyle, My electric bill after daily charging has only gone up 18 or so dollars a month so far, (simple level one charging from outdoor outlet), but saved me a TON in gas. As a matter of fact I'm highly considering solar on the house now.
I love everything this car has taught me so far, and looking forward to my next one already. Convinced one of my friends/coworkers to get out of his 320 and pick up a '17 330e, he'll be doing that Monday, and we will compare stats once he gets in it.