View Single Post
      07-19-2017, 12:59 PM   #35
Rockford335i
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2009 335i

I'm new to the BMW family and was trying to program a 2009 335i to an Overhead Door Phantom garage door opener.

For what it's worth I had all sorts of challenges getting the car button on my rear view mirror to take the code from the handheld garage door opener. I tried all kinds of things with the car sitting in the garage or right outside of the garage. I followed the directions of pressing the two buttons at the same time, I tried holding the two buttons for a minute, you name it I tried it and nothing worked.

In the end, what worked for me was to back the car out of the range of the garage door opener itself. When I then pressed the rear view mirror button I wanted to program and the garage door opener button - it immediately gave me the fast blinking light indicating acceptance of the code.

I then drove the car to the front of the garage and proceeded with the second stop of hitting the learning button on the garage door opener and then pressing the rear view mirror button 3 times and I was all set. It's worked perfectly since.

Maybe this will save others the frustration I went through.
Appreciate 0