View Single Post
      03-26-2018, 02:54 PM   #2
sbinshihon
Captain
Rep
Drives: X5 M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by TallGuyX5 View Post
I've done a few mods to my 2015 X5 w/ M Sport including MPPK which I'm really glad I did. Only been one week since the install but can already tell a difference in throttle response and power delivery is more linear.

My question about coding is that I want to do a few things, open/close hatch w/fob, M Sport splash at start up and two or three other things other X5 owners have done. I also installed LED Turn signal bulbs from Bimmian which look and work great, no errors codes but they flicker at startup. I want to have the car coded to remove the flickering. I contacted CodeMyCar and they can do everything I want via remote access.

So finally my questions, will coding in any way affect my MPPK install? I'm thinking not based on what I'm reading on the forum but would really like to confirm. Also, coding seems a little like hacking into my car's computer (it is right?) I don't feel confident in my ability to do this so that's why I contacted CodeMyCar guys. Anyone have any recent experience with these guys? Does coding void your warranty? Just a little anxious about doing it, just don't want to screw up my car (or have some remotely screw up my car!)

Thanks for the input and advice!
Coding stuff will that not affect anything in your car including MPPK. Think about it this way, your car has all these coding features as standard in other parts of the world. So all you are doing is enabling them, seriously like when you check some option in the I drive screen.

Now, regarding the tools you will need VgateII Wifi adaptor, and buy the bimmerCode app. Read the "coding the easy way" thread. This app is all you need and its basically idiot proof, even a little kid can code my BMW with this app.
Appreciate 0