Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wobbles View Post
Opasha. 3 words for you:

YOU

DA

MAN!!

Congratulations on the mod and thanks for the write up!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SUV55 View Post
Opasha, the panel looks great!
If you had the black panel with extended instrument cluster and HUD, do you think it's still worth the upgrade/mod?
Thanks for the positive comments everyone. Seriously, everyone here in this community is great. I'm glad to always help!

I spoke in detail with Shawn about the 6WA extended cluster and the 6WB and in his opinion, it's not worth it. However, I love it and think it really adds to the car so for me it was worth it because I had the basic cluster without HUD. The only thing you lose is the ability to code HUD turn signals if you upgrade to the 6WB. Not sure why, but this is the case. So, if you absolutely love your HUD turn signal coding and have the extended cluster with HUD...don't upgrade.

I will make a video tonight for you guys so you can see it better on how it really looks. Pictures don't do it justice despite being a high quality camera. I think my movie mode will capture it much better. I can't drive with the camera because it's not a go pro and the noise level/vibration would detract from the quality.

On a side note: I'm very excited to be doing the other mods soon. My buddy is currently working on two projects before my car and I am waiting on the steering wheel completion, which was started on 9/17/14 and takes about 3-4 weeks to complete. It will be this steering wheel coming from Australia with Smooth Black Leather to match my black interior instead of the Alcantara with silver +/- shifter signs to match the aluminum center trim:

Right now, I'm also just waiting on my 3m film samples to decide between shades of satin close to the Alubeam Chrome Matte and Satin Grey (located in my wrap thread). Turns out, the Brembo brakes would cost me about $6400 front and rear with powder coat...so I might hold off on that and just powder coat my stock brakes in a red satin the way Rob@Strasse coated blue on his X5. My cousin told me that drilled rotors aren't good for winter...anyone have knowledge on this?

Do you guys think I should post a new thread for my new mods or should I just add it to my original vehicle thread?: http://f15.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=974651. Thanks!