View Single Post
      11-22-2017, 04:21 AM   #241
bmwstve
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW X6, MHD Stage 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by r33_RGSport View Post
To put this topic down to the root. I install a spacer to my X5 and took before and after pictures from all different angle.

Here are the specs:
15mm Front
20mm Rear

Enjoy and feel free to PM me for questions and inquiry.

Update: 15mm Front and 20mm Rear only fit on the F15 X5 before MY11/14 only!!!
For MY11/14 and after, 5mm Front and 15mm Rear is the recommended size.

Here is the picture on 5mm Front and 15mm Rear.

sorry for posting on the wrong thread. My car is an older X6 E71, does the 15mm front spacer problem affects my car as well? or just the newer ones?

I just recently purchased H&R wheel spacers. 15mm front (#3075740) and 20mm rear (#4075725).
also noticed that during installation, when placed on the hub, the front spacers move freely by hand, easy to mount on to the hub (you can spin it by hand).

However, the rears are somewhat tight, I did remove the rust from the hub bore using wire brush. (It can also be moved by hand with some force, this was after I applied some hi temp grease on the hub). but still, it is a tighter fit compared to the fronts. Both of my rear hubs are like this. I was wondering if my hub bore was very slightly bigger for some reason or the bore of the wheels spacer was slightly smaller.
Front Hub size of X6 is 74.1 and Rear is 72.5

I'm just kinda concerned that during driving, the hub of the car might expand due to heat and might affect the durability of the spacer.

Last edited by bmwstve; 11-22-2017 at 04:58 AM..
Appreciate 0