Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 M5 Competition Frozen Bla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyracer View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by RPI-X5 View Post
Plus, the SVR is ~$30k more than the X5M for worse power, worse electronics, worse brakes.
Current MY SVR has 575 bhp, and an engine that both sounds better and is more responsive than the X5M's. It has a comparable brake setup to the X5M, with large discs and fixed front calipers.

Can't argue with you on the electronics, at least by reputation!

Surprised you didn't mention the X5M's handling advantage (no comparison there).
Does the SVR have the same brake setup as the V8 Dynamic range? My experience was the brakes on the Range faded way faster than that on the X5M, especially in repeated use and/or hot weather. Plus, the X5M rotors are two piece ventilated.

How is the current MY infotainment in the SVR? It looks like they took the center stack and infotainment from the Velar and ported it into the current MY Range Rover sport line. Is the touchscreen more responsive? Do they have connected infotainment for up to date POI and voice search? If they added those things in then the SVR may have closed the gap.