View Single Post
      04-19-2018, 05:38 PM   #47
Skyracer
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPI-X5 View Post
Does the SVR have the same brake setup as the V8 Dynamic range? My experience was the brakes on the Range faded way faster than that on the X5M, especially in repeated use and/or hot weather. Plus, the X5M rotors are two piece ventilated.

How is the current MY infotainment in the SVR? It looks like they took the center stack and infotainment from the Velar and ported it into the current MY Range Rover sport line. Is the touchscreen more responsive? Do they have connected infotainment for up to date POI and voice search? If they added those things in then the SVR may have closed the gap.
Same size, according to their literature. I'm guessing what you describe is more down to pad compound and possibly better cooling on the BMW. I doubt the discs have much to do with it.

AFAIK the infotainment unit is the same as in the Velar. No idea about the last two questions; guess I'm a Luddite as I rarely use any voice commands. Thinking about it, I probably use only a fraction of the tech available in the X5 as I can't see the point of much of it.
Appreciate 1
iconoclast7265.50