View Single Post
      05-11-2018, 10:00 PM   #49
SJones8
Rep
Drives: 740i

Just had the 1 year anniversary for my Black on Black 2017 X5M, and as much as I enjoyed it the answer is unfortunately NO, would not buy again. For the last month, have been driving a family members new VW atlas, and after driving that, thought the beast will feel awesome but in fact it was quite the opposite.

You can't drive the X5m without instantly recognizing how highly engineered and designed for ultra high performance it is and then feeling frustrated about what a waste of ability it is to just use it as a daily driver thudding into potholes, sitting in bumper to bumper traffic, and when the road finally clears, still being faced with speed limits easily reached in 1st and 2nd gear. I had forgotten how smooth and silent "normal" cars are, how light the steering and soothing a nice plush ride is, and how sitting in the never ending traffic of a daily commute is less aggravating psychologically when there isn't 567hp raging to be let loose and you feel are going to waste just idling along (while you burn a gallon of fuel every few miles).

I think it depends where you live, the type of roads, traffic, routine and lifestyle, but in my opinion, its too much money to spend on a car that doesn't get to fulfill even 25% of its true potential. Maybe things would be different if I lived in Germany or something. If I were to buy the next gen X5, would probably look at the 35i and preferably option out some comfort tuned air suspension.
Appreciate 3
iconoclast7265.50
Chadmatic660.50
Mgarage66.50