Rep
Drives: 2015 F85 X5M

Garage List
2010 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apple Corps View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by sworks335i View Post
Currently I am torn, had the vehicle for 9 months so far (2nd owner) and its had multiple problems. None of our other X5's have ever had nearly the problems this vehicle is having. It's nearing 50k miles and end of warranty, I wanted to keep it long term but its seriously making me question if thats a viable option.

Maybe all the gremlins have been worked out. Looking at records the 1st owner didn't have a single problem.

If I did leave this vehicle it would probably be for a Land Rover product again.
So what were the problems you experienced?
Hubs, transfer case, steering column, seat heaters sporadically don't work, iPhone never syncs and hardly works, whistling noise on interstate, fluttering noise recently started from no where (think I found the culprit though, touch on that in a second). I work from home and rarely drive the vehicle so it's to the point where it feels like every time I drive it something breaks or doesn't work right. The whole reason for purchasing it was to put a smile on my face when I got a chance to drive it, but I typically end up frustrated.

On top of the issues and what probably has me the most fed up is the terrible service at my local dealership. If they were really great and made the fixes to the issues painless then I would probably be a completely happy customer, but to put it simply, they suck. The independent shop I use for our older X5 is hands down awesome. Dropped the e70 off the other day for an inspection and the owner drove me home in his e90 M3 instead of ordering me an Uber.

So while the vehicle going out of warranty would mean taking it to my independent shop, I certainly don't love the vehicle enough to want to replace another transfer case in it or any other large dollar item. Just doesn't pull my heart strings that hard.

For context, our last two e70s, 1st one (3.5i) only had a water pump fail in 100k miles. Current one (5.0i) has 115k miles and has had vacuum lines replaced, front thrust arms and an O ring in the front diff. I've had this X5M for 12k miles.