United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 X5 35d, 2008 Lexus IS-F

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmack123 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by XxBBVTMxX View Post
So I just knocked this out with the Quidzel chip on MY14 35d. Easy setup and no issues coding. Works well
How difficult would the coding be for someone without knowledge of expert mode coding? I know there is a guide out there, but only have ever coded with Bimmercode at this point.
Easy…

For me it is about learning more coding, not making money so here you go. BTW, I used E-Sys Launcher Pro to do it, not just E-Sys. With the launcher I get to see more info. Do not ask me why for I do not know 🤷🏽

1) Launch E-Sys
2) Go to Expert Mode > Coding

under VEHICLE ORDER box:
3) READ
*FAList will appear below in the dialogue box*

4) SAVE
*save it in the "FA" folder that pops up as "FA_afterTJA" for quick reference, also copy it to your Desktop as well with its original name as this is your original FA.xml file*

5) RIGHT CLICK on "FA" folder, and select "Activate FA"

6) select EDIT tab
*this will take you to "EDITORS & VIEWERS > FA-Editor"*

under EDITORS & VIEWERS box:
7) RIGHT CLICK on "FA" folder, and select "calculate FP"

8) RIGHT CLICK on "FA" folder, and select "Expand"

9) select "SALAPA-Element"
*the "SALAPA-Element Dialogue box" at the bottom of the page will illustrate all your options*

10) look for "5AP", and insert 5AR, after it (only 4 keystrokes> 5 A R ,
*I did mine in order to be easier to find. If you see a red box appear around the "SALAPA-Element Dialogue box" it's because you have not done it correctly. Make sure the 5 A R , you enter look exactly the same as the rest (capitalized & spaced) and to the top right of the "SALAPA-Element Dialogue box" a box with an arrow ( <-[] ) will appear. Press it to save your input of the 5AR, *

11) on the far right dialogue box "VEHICLE PROFILE", verify by selecting folder [9] Option_Car
*you should see folder " [1736] 5AR_TRAFFIC_JAM_ASSISTANT

12) press the blue "FLOPPY DISK" all the way up top to save your work

13) now select Expert Mode > VCM

14) 3 tabs at the bottom (File / Master / Backup) select FILE > 3 DOTS to the right of it

15) select your "FA_afterTJA" file
*this will now appear under under "VEHICLE ORDER (FILE)" dialogue box*

16) RIGHT CLICK on "FA" folder, and select "calculate FP"

17) select the MASTER tab at the bottom

18) press "WRITE FA FP"
*VO CODE COMPLETE*

19) go back to Expert Mode > Coding

20) under "SVT ACTUAL" dialogue box to the top right, press "READ (ECU)"

21) under "SVT" Dialogue box to the left, select the very top "SVT" main folder, RIGHT CLICK, CODE

DONE

You will get a bunch of warnings activate after. Turn off your vehicle, and turn it back on and all warnings are gone. I used ISTA+ to delete all faults as they will be recorded in your ECUs.

after you are done, get your Bimmercode out and code all the stuff you had coded on your vehicle 🤣.
Appreciate 3