View Single Post
      06-01-2016, 01:47 AM   #1
coolidge
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: X5 xDrive 35i

Got my 2016 X5 Vin# today!

It won't be long now so I'm starting a thread. This will be my first BMW, pretty exciting.

My X5 build...

2016 X5 xDrive 35i
Space Grey Metallic - pretty blah color choices luckily I really like this one.
Black Dakota Leather - I love that its not slippery
Comfort 20 way seats - I did not want the perforated leather
LED lighting package - hell yes!
Cold weather package
Ceramic controls - I just wanted them happy birthday to me!
Fineline oak wood trim
Rear view camera - I was 'meh' on the surround view
Space saver spare

Considerations...I have a bad hip that needs replacing and arthritis in my back so a lower entry/exit height and comfort vs my 4x4 truck was a top priority. Headlight quality was also high on my list. Here in the Pacific NW we get a lot of rain, its frequently dark, foggy, and difficult to see at night and our deer seem to enjoy leaping out in front of you. Lastly I don't get along well with under powered vehicles. I wouldn't say the X5 35i is 'fast' but its quite peppy, 0-60 around 6 seconds which is perfectly acceptable.

Crossed off my list...

Audi SQ5 - Quick but wow talk about outdated and featureless.

Audi Q7 - Too mini van looking for my tastes.

MB - Lug nuts available for an additional cost, overpriced imo. Interior just wasn't to my taste, looked like a grandpa vehicle inside.

Explorer Sport - In a retarded move that defies logic they down graded the 2016 headlights from HID's to Halogen high beams (face palm). They are playing games restricting the engine power, test drove a Platinum and man it was gutless compared to the Sport yet supposedly has the same 365hp engine. Also typical Ford seats they sucked and there was no room for your left leg.

Jeep Grand Cherokee - Sure its got the Hemi V8 yet the Ford smokes it 0-60? Quality is sub-par.

Trivia: The last German car I owned was a 1970's made in Germany Mercury Capri, that car was built like a Tiger tank.
Appreciate 0