View Single Post
      12-07-2017, 11:58 AM   #1
digitalis99
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW X5 xDrive 35d

BMW discontinues remote start for recent X5's

I just bought a 2017 X5 35d, and began investigating remote start options. To my great dismay, there doesn't seem to be any aftermarket options. I called my local BMW dealer to inquire about the OEM remote start option, which I wasn't thrilled with anyway...only to find out BMW discontinued it two days ago due to "excessive power draw on the batteries".

So, let me make sure I understand this correctly. There are no aftermarket remote start solutions in the past few model years of the X5. BMW just discontinued their OEM remote start system. As far as I know, there are no plans to support remote start from the Connected+ app either, although it is available in earlier model years.

Dear BMW...W.T.F.?

Sure makes it annoying to warm up an engine (per BMW recommendations) in the middle of winter when you can't have a garage at your home.

I've seen a couple people here say techs have gotten aftermarket solutions to work, but they're on the opposite side of the country from my WA state home. Anyone know of *any* working solution available now?
Appreciate 0