View Single Post
      06-05-2018, 01:25 PM   #9
FenixMike
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW M5 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuSh View Post
Wow, you guys gave so much information, I still have to read it and digest. At this point I'm just looking at all options to consider which one will give best balanced maximum power on stock turbos.

Option 1. JB4_Beta (for n63tu) + BCM + 3.5bar TMAP + meth kit (from Burger). This should work on Map 8 (progressive meth map with up to 30psi - but realistically stock turbos max at 25psi). What I don't know in this setup is what fuel I will need (besides meth used mainly for cooling purpose)? Will it be 91 or 93 or maybe E30 mix? This option is tempting, but I'm a bit afraid of various glitches and errors (a lot of threads about it unfortunately)

Option 2. BootMod3 Stage 2 custom flash with 3.5bar TMAP and ask tuner to allow max boost up to 25psi. Tune for E30 mix (not exactly sure yet what mix is available near me and how to change a tune if I'll need to use different mix? Or will it adjust itself? I have no idea yet lol.

Another unknown for me is the fact that I'm already flashed with Stage 1 tune, so if I go with JB4 - isn't it kinda stacked? If so - I have no idea how it will work to be honest. AFAIK JB4 can increase or add to flash, but can't go below DME parameters. So in theory it should increase my current max 17-18psi to whatever map I will have it on.

P.S. I asked Burger Tuning and they do make chargepipes with tapped nozzles for S63TU, but not for N63TU. So I guess, if I go with meth kit I'll need to tap myself somehow to n63tu chargepipes.
A ton of suppliers make plastic and metal bungs that you just drill a hole in the tube, stick the bung through, seal it, then install the lock nut on top. I believe some companies also have throttle body spacers with the bung for a meth nozzle, or at least they do for the N55 engines. It also wouldn't be tough to just order a 6 inch section of steel/aluminum tube and have a bung welded, then cut the hose and clamp it in the middle. Tons of options, all which work well as long as its sealed and will withstand boost. Being a fabricator, id just build a hard pipe, but lots of online options that can be installed in 10 minutes available online.

Gone but never forgotten...2015 X5 50i M Sport, 2015 550i M-Sport, 2015 M3, 2014 X5 50i M Sport, 2015 435i M Sport, 2011 550i, 2011 535i
Appreciate 1
DuSh2113.50